The Thunder Ranch product line is a joint venture between Aero Precision and Thunder Ranch. Aimed to achieve Clint Smith’s ideal purpose built “Ultimate Carbine”, these products include key features requested from Clint Smith himself but with an Aero Precision flare. Like everything surrounding the Thunder Ranch name, you get exactly what you need – nothing more and nothing less.
This M4E1 Lower Receiver delivers billet aesthetics in a forged package. It includes an obvious skeletonized magwell along with a specialized Thunder Ranch serial number range along with the Thunder Ranch logo. This custom designed enhanced forging is machined from 7075-T6 Aluminum and compatible with all mil-spec AR15 parts. Aside from the visual upgrades this custom engineered design provides, it also challenges the much more expensive billet options. We’ve also added several functional features to the lower receiver to simplify the assembly process for the at home builder.
M4E1 Thunder Ranch Special Edition Lower Receiver Improvements:
- Skeletonized Magwell – Cuts weight and provides a unique look for our M4E1 Lower Receivers.
- Threaded Bolt Catch Roll Pin – Allows for simple installation of the bolt catch and virtually eliminates the chance to damage the finish during installation (pin included). 1/16″ Hex Key required for assembly.
- Integrated Trigger Guard – Eliminates the possibility of breaking the trigger guard tabs by integrating the trigger guard into the lower, creating a stronger more rigid platform to build upon.
- Upper Tension Screw – Allows users to fine tune the fit of the upper and lower receiver using a nylon tipped tensioning set screw inserted in the grip tang of the lower receiver. This provides a tight fit with any standard AR15 upper receiver.
- Threaded Takedown Pin Detent Recess – Allows user to easily install the Takedown Pin detent and spring with the use of a 4-40 set screw (no more launching detents across the room).
- Increased Magwell Flare – Increased the flare of the magwell to aid in quick and efficient magazine changes.
- Marked and milled to accept short-throw safety selectors, but will work with standard selectors as well.